FEATURED ARTICLE ON AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
12 Tips For A Successful Affiliate Program
By Ken Hill
Wednesday, November 10, 2004; 6:10pm EST
1. Look around at other competing businesses that offer affiliate
programs, and think of ways that you can make your affiliate
program more attractive.
2. Pay your affiliates well for their efforts.
If you're thinking about offering a 10% commission for sales
of your product and a competing business is paying a 50% commission
for referrals, you'll lose affiliates to your competitor.
3. Make your affiliate program more lucrative by offering
This is an excellent choice if you offer a product that is paid
for on a residual basis such as webhosting or access to your
4. Offer lifetime commissions.
Your affiliates will see the power of lifetime commissions,
and work hard to promote your business and send you more
5. Make your affiliate program two-tier.
Reward your affiliates by giving them a commission on the sales
of people they refer to your affiliate program.
6. Don't leave your affiliates out in the cold.
Provide your affiliates with lots of sales items that they can
use to successfully promote your products.
Some items you could offer your affiliates:
- e-zine ads (sponsor ads, classified ads, 2 liners)
- signature file ads
- sales letters/solo ads
- brandable ebooks
- sample recommendations
- email courses
- your articles that they can reprint with their affiliate URLs
in your resource box.
7. Be quick to respond to your affiliates' emails.
An easy way to lose your affiliates is to not respond to their
questions in a timely manner, or to not respond to
their e-mails at all.
It shows that you don't value them, and since their are tons
of other affiliate programs, you would be losing potentially
very good affiliates to other businesses.
8. Provide your own tips and advice.
Follow up with your affiliates with tips and strategies that
they can use to increase their commissions.
9. Reward your top affiliates with higher commissions and
You'll be able to achieve more sales over the long term because
your top affiliates won't jump to another affiliate program
where their efforts are more appreciated.
10. Publish an affiliate's newsletter.
Your affiliate's newsletter will help you to share your tips
with your affiliates, and keep them going in the right direction.
You could also use your newsletter to keep your top affiliates
excited about your program.
Some effective ways to do this are:
- Share what your top affiliates do to earn big commission checks.
- Showcase their sites and tell why their sites sell.
- List your 5 or 10 highest earning affiliates for the month.
11. Track your affiliates' sales accurately.
Your affiliates will find out if they send you customers and
you don't credit them with their commissions.
Your affiliate program will lose credibility and you'll end
up losing your affiliates as word gets around.
12. Participate in affiliate marketing forums.
Share your valuable advice and expertise with the members of
the forums you participate in.
Include your signature file that promotes your affiliate program,
and always follow the rules of the forums you join.
About the Author
Article by Ken Hill. Want To Start Your Own Profit Driving Affiliate
Program? Power packed solution has what you need. Includes affiliate
program software, shopping cart, ad tracking and easy e-zine
management. Automate your online business today.
Browse through our informative and interesting reviews on affiliate
programs and revenue generation. We gather the very best affiliate
programs from across the web and bring them to you!
Current Reviews for: